Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Last weeks new arrivals

I am trying to cut down on my spending, so these type of posts may be few and far between but I love seeing what people have received in a week so thought I would share mine when I can and give you my thoughts where appropriate.




Sigmund socks* £7.00 www.chattyfeet.com // Derma Dew*  50ml £4.99 www.dermashack.co.uk // Vichy Dermablend Corrective Cream Stick £15.00 www.escentual.com*

I haven't had a chance to try the Vichy Dermablend Corrective Cream Stick yet so I can't really say much, other than I purchased this on the back of a raft of positive reviews I have seen on other blogs. 

Next up is Sigmund, my newest pair of socks (I Love socks, new socks are as excting as new clothes) and I think he is fab.

Sigmund is one of 11 Characters available from Chatty Feet  and he introduces himself as follows...

Come in, come in! have a seat and make yourself comfortable. My name is Sigmund and I'm here to help. You may have heard of me already - I'm one of the founding fathers of sockoanalysis. It's the process by which we unpick your deepest worries by talking about your dreams and your life while you were still in baby socks.

Just lie back on my couch and tell me what's troubling you.
I can't wait to incorporate him into one of my outfits, and I'm already looking at who to add to my collection next. I'm thinking Brad Feet would be the perfect pair of socks to fit into a summer wardrobe.


Next up is my pot of Derma Dew from the Derma Shack. 

I had seen a few tweets about Derma Dew so as any normal (read extremely nosey) person would do i went a looked them up and was really excited about the product, and more so the ethos of the brand.

The story behind the brand is as follows (and as it's so eloquently told i have just copied and pasted) :

The reason DermaDew came about is because we had all had issues with dry/winter skin to a varying degree. We were having to use products suchas aqueous cream and glycerol, etc. These were products we felt we had to use, ratherthan wanted to use, products that while they do a specific job, don't feel great on your skin.
That got us thinking... Why was it not possible to have an everyday intensely moisturising body cream, that didn't leave your skin sticky and/or shiny, smelled great and made your skin feel fantastic whether you had previously had dry skin or not.
So at home, we started mixing together different things and researching raw materials. It was really a case of trial and error that led to the creation of DermaDew. It was really only for personal use, but family and friends tried it, loved it and kept asking for more. Sowe thought why not take it into manufacture? We never really intended to go into cosmetics, but we are incredibly proud of DermaDew and the effect it has on the skin,and think that another people will love it as much as we do.
They were kind enough to send me a pot so I thought it only fair that I share my thoughts, like those who spurred me on to try the brand, to try and spread the word.
I will be the first person to admit I am not a body cream lover  - and touch wood my skin is not dry enough to require any more moisturisation than my shower gel provides. 
The only contradiction to this is my elbows where I suffer from excema, which seems to flair up on a regular basis with no rhyme or reason. My main use of the product, therefore, has been to try and calm and hydrate my elbows.
And, I am pleasantly surprised with how much I like it. 
There is a subtle fragrance which isn't too strong (this may be Japanese Plum, but I don't know what that smells like so can't say for sure), and whilst the product comes out of the tub like a really old school body cream, it melts into your skin on contact and turns into a more serum like texture which I really like. 
The cream promises that  your skin will absorb the cream efficiently leaving you with a silky smooth satin feeling, without any shine or grease, and I have to say it lives up to these claims. It takes a while to sink in but once it does I can concur that there is no greasiness and the feeling you are left with could well be described as Satiny. 
I will be continuing to use this on my elbows and will more than likely repurchase when my pot runs out.

I also purchased 2 of the new Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks from Boots* (in Pink Pong 06 and Ole Flamingo 05) as I love my Lime Crime Velvetines (which I purchase from www.cocktailcosmetics.co.uk) and I hope these will be a cheaper and more easily available option. 
Once I have tried them I will be back with a review and FOTD.

No comments :

Post a Comment