Sunday, 14 February 2016

DIY blog makeover

Having had the same blog layout for years I decided the other week that I would spend a few hours playing with the blog branding and layout.

I have no design or coding knowledge or experience so all the changes I made were courtesy of tutorials and free on line resources and given I am happy with the results I got I thought I would share the details in case anyone else wants to have a go.

My Header and Side Bar Headings



My header was designed using www.canva.com. I don't know how I hadn't heard of this site before as it is fab and free for all basic graphic design projects.

The marble is a printable scrap booking paper I found on deviantart

I did purchase the rose gold papers and these were £3.30 from Pickychciken on Etsy

Social Media Icons

My icons were free from carrieloves.comFREE SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS

 And this is the tutorial I followed to set them up.



CSS

I also made a few changes to my template.

One change was to centre everything and this was another carrieloves tutorial here

I then wanted to put some images in my sidebar but I didn't want them to have titles - Its surprisingly easy to do and I found out how to here 

I also no longer wanted a shadow around my images and I found out how to remove it here


Photo backgrounds

The last thing I did was buy some fabric for my photo's from Spoonflower.



I'm excited to try these as photo backgrounds !!

Hopefully you will find something in this post useful - if you have any tutorials you have made or followed feel free to share in the comments.




Tessa


No comments :

Post a Comment